Friday, December 21, 2012

Tis the Season

With Christmas just four days away I think it's about time it started to feel like Christmas! Perhaps it was closing the office early or knowing that I don't have to go back for a few days; regardless I am ecstatic to be celebrating with the ones I love.

A tradition that start many many Christmases ago, which is sure to put anyone in the spirit of the season, is the adventure of looking at Christmas lights. Tucked away in the valley of San Ramon is a neighbor draped in lights from curb to rooftop. Some even have opened their garages to festive scenes and musical sing-a-longs.

Tonight I was able to enjoy the beginning of this short Christmas break with a delicious dinner in Walnut Creek with my recent college graduated brother and few of our close friends. Afterwards we decided to head south and explore the neighborhood we had grown up visiting. After a few missed turns we arrived! Knowing we were in the right place by the line of slow moving cars and pure joy that was glistening from the houses in this quaint community. As we wondered court after court commenting on our favorite lights and the decorations we could do without we laughed and hummed along to Christmas carols on the radio. A few times we even parked and walked around.

As we realized our time visiting this magical winter wonderland was coming to an end we all agreed the spirit of Christmas was alive in our hearts!

I hope everyone is able to be with the ones they love this Christmas and although life can be busy I hope that we can all take a few days off to enjoy Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caroline! I have enjoyed reading your blog this year and look forward to more of your inspirational words in 2013! Carissa

    ReplyDelete