Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

They say the years go by faster the older we get, my goal is to enjoy them more each year.

Looking back over the last twelve months I would not have been able to predict what has happened. To keep my thoughts organized I've decided to go through each month.

January:
Heather came to visit at the end of 2011 and stayed through the New Year. It was an amazing visit since I hadn't seen here since she moved in June!
February:
I was invited to join a small group made up of women in their 20s whose common thread was knowing Becki Parr. We later became know as the Sweet Time Ladies and have created friendships that I know will last a lifetime! This is also the month that the Griki wedding photos came out!
March:
Again I was reunited with Heather. This time we were in Vegas for the West Coast Conference Basketball Tournament. We got to cheer SMC to victory!!

April:
I played in my first volleyball game in over 5 years. We went on to win the league and have since moved up to the next level. I am now in my third season and loving it.

May:
I passed my Real Estate License Exam!! Woo hoo totally worth the few weekends I gave up to study my life away! I also turned 23! I was blessed to get together with some of my closest friends for dinner!
June:
This was definitely the hardest month for me. I lost my grandmother. She was and continues to be such a role model for me. I know that she continues to watch over our family and is smiling! She had a special way of saying goodbye and would always end by saying "Love you" I can still hear her voice, Love you Grandma!
July:
I was able to take a few trips during July. First to Sonoma with the family,

and then to Chicago to visit Heather!

August:
I moved to Walnut Creek! Perhaps it was my wooing capability or luck...regardless Heather decided to move back to California! After a whirlwind real estate hunt with my amazing cousin. I found the perfect condo! A few weeks later Heather was here and we were unpacking and enjoying nesting!
September:
As things began to settle down after the initial move, I realized that I was on my own! Yes I had only moved a few towns over but it really sunk in that I was becoming the young adult I had always dreamed of. September was packed full with the Lafayette Art and Wine Festival and Heather's 24th Birthday!
October:
October was a busy month! The Giants won the World Series after a very exciting post season! This involved many trips to AT&T Park and some surprise visits from Gordon! At the end of the month I headed down to LA to celebrate Gordon's 21st birthday! 

November:
We celebrated an early Thanksgivings which involved the 2012 Christmas Photo shoot!

We also had our first visits to the "Pod House." Heather's younger sister and friend came to visit for a week! This involved late night runs to Fentons, Twilight marathons, homemade pizza and lots of laughter! 
December:
December was filled with lots of Family time! Griki returned home to us for the last two weeks and Gordon moved home after finishing his undergrad studies at USC. We decked the halls with laundry and laughs. 

Looking back there are a few other notable moments in 2012. I started attending New Life Church in June and have fallen in love! The Pastoral team is amazing as well as the Worship band. I have begun volunteering and continue to make new friends almost weekly! I attended two fabolous weddings, one in July for Lindsay and John Meister and the other in October for Abigail and Stephen George! I finally saw Rascal Flatts in concert, it was as amazing as I always hoped for! 

Looking forward into 2013 I know it will be an exciting year. I am training for my first 5k in March as well as studying for a new credential at work. We also expect to have Griki back in California by April and Gordon will be making his decision on where to attend law school in the fall.  I hope that everyone had a wonderful 2012 and is filled with hope and expectations of a great 2013. Please let me know how I can be praying for you!

With lots of love,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment