Monday, December 10, 2012

Give em' Heaven

30 days of Happiness
During the 30 day challenge I found myself delighting in simple pleasures and letting the little things goes. To be happy is choice that is 100% our own. I also learned that being unhappy sneaks up on us. I know that life is not always rainbows and sunshine but with the right perspective it can be pretty darn close. In the worst situation there is always something to be grateful for. This doesn't mean that we aren't allowed to be sad or take the appropriate time to grieve when life changes unexpectedly. I have learned that through faith and in my case great friends and a strong family any situation has a bright side.  Don't let yourself get down about things that are temporary and let's face it, the only thing constant in life is change.

AMAZE-ING News
Two weeks ago I got a phone call while working out (yes this is a plug to tell you all that I have been working out) and I let it go to voicemail. I was surprised when the phone rang immediately following the last ring. As I paused the music and tried to catch my breath I answered the phone... it was my sister and brother-in-law. My heart stopped- could I be an aunt?? No- not yet! EVEN BETTER, they found out they will be moving back to California later next year! No surprise to them I started to cry! I could not believe a prayer that seemed to be unanswered had finally come true! I am so excited to have Griki back in the California sunshine!

AMAZE-ING News Part 2
If you haven't caught on by now I am a huge fan of my families. They are kind of a big deal. I have a younger brother who is a complete genius! He will be finished with his undergrad studies at the University of Southern California in a few days and then moving home to work at a Law Firm in the city. His amazing news came as I was commuting from one meeting to the next last week. He has been accepted into Berkeley Law at the University of California, Berkeley. Yes, this means he could be going to law school in Berkeley, California! Again I am thrilled. He hasn't made his decision yet so fingers crossed that his heart stays on the West Coast.

Mother's Day
I know what you're all thinking, I am a few months early for this one. I don't think one day a year is enough to say thank you to our moms. I want to take a few moments and tell you want an incredible person my mom is. My mom has always been the first awake and the last to bed in our household. When we were little she made sure lunches were made, classroom activities had supplies and volunteers, and made sure Dad stepped up to coach our soccer teams. As we got older her love transformed into a love that was more unconditional than I thought possible. Mom, you know how much I love you but I wanted you to hear how much I look up to you and hope to be like you one day. You inspire me to be a better person and to never stop believing in myself. Thank you for supporting my dreams and helping me to overcome my fears. I love you, forever.

Unlikely Friend
I started going to a new church back in June and for many Sundays I would go in and sit by myself. Earlier this fall an gentleman began to sit next to me, we would chat during the friendship break and wish each other a good week on our way out. He became a person I looked forwarded to seeing every Sunday. After a few weeks his wife joined him at church and she and I began the same ritual. This past Sunday after not seeing them for a few weeks I was delighted when Bill came and said hello and asked me to save the seat next to me for his wife who would be joining me any minute. After a wonderful sermon we turned to say our goodbyes. She looked at me as she hugged me and she said "Go give them Heaven." All I could do was smile. She was so right. We so often hear the phrase with quite a different ending. As I walked out of church I was encouraged to rise to the challenge of giving them Heaven.

So whose ready to give em' Heaven?





No comments:

Post a Comment