Sunday, September 27, 2015

My First 10

Earlier this week I posted about my rentry into the world of physical fitness. I can proudly report that for my first week I worked out 6 days. I also did something for possibly the first time ever. I did a ten mile workout this weekend. It's amazing when you allow yourself the time in your schedule and set your mind to it what your body will accomplish. As I went on this nearly two hour journey my body went through a series of reactions. At times it felt like time wasn't moving, other I was strengthen with adrenaline to push through the exhaustion but most of the time was spent people watching and telling myself I couldn't give up. Several pop songs later, an empty water bottle and legs that felt more like wet noodles I walked back to my car feeling like I had just climbed Mount Everest. As someone who can safely say they will never personally know the feeling of climbing Mount Everest, I can only make this comparison to acknowledge what an accomplishment these ten miles are.  I think this is the same for our careers and relationships; the goals we set can be attained when we follow two simple rules. First, the goal must be attainable. Please note I didn't use the word realistic or possible, because many goals will start out as unrealistic or feel impossible but it is only by following the second rule, which is to never give up that we can do the impossible. I pray that whatever area of your life feels impossible that you would believe that if God calls you to it He is going to strengthen you to achieve it. Many will ask- how do I know God has called me to this? I can't answer this question specifically for everyone but I can share how I have answered this question in my life. First, God will continually bring this area or idea up to me. Either in my own thoughts or in opportunities around me. Second, there will be glory brought to God by this goal being accomplished. Example, my physical fitness reflects my care of this body has a temple of the Holy Spirit   So no matter the goal. No matter how big or small, how realistic or impossible. Believe that God has spoken to you and act in faith with obedience to that call. Go out there and get your first 10! 

No comments:

Post a Comment