Monday, February 18, 2013

Dr. Seuss... in twelve months

One fish two fish red fish blue fish...

This has been on the cover of my notebook for the past year. This notebook has travelled many places with me- into sanctuaries, on airplanes, numerous coffee shops, one friends house after another and spent countless nights on the table next to my bed. I would often get asked if it was the commonly known Dr. Seuss book and would open the book to show my handwritten notes and post it's. Clearly identifying this book as my own. As I finished my last entry in this notebook I began to reflect over the previous pages. I found sermon notes, favorite quotes, books to read, songs to download, prayer requests, telephone numbers, and drawings. All of which brought back the trials and triumphs of the past year.
All I can say is wow. Which out of curiosity I looked up in the dictionary to find the word defined as: "Expressing astonishment or admiration." I think wow is the perfect word to describe the last twelve months. I do believe it is rare to use a notebook for exactly a year but happened to date both my first and last entries and found the dates to be 2/15/12-2/18/13.
I am astonished at the the events that have taken place over the last twelve months and admire the decisions I have had the courage to make and the failures I am humble enough to surrender to. I hope to continue to grow as I open up the next notebook and pray over the journey I know will take place as I begin to fill up the pages.



No comments:

Post a Comment