Thursday, November 1, 2012

Nov 1st

If you know me well you know that today is much more than the first of the month... today is the beginning of the most wonderful time of the year!

I believe it is no coincidence that today is the first day of the AIM Commitment. Today as I was reading about others doing the challenge starting to achieve their goals I was fired up to chase after mine. I have to be honest and say there was not enough time to do everything but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day. Today I was able to read in the New Testament (spirit) and squeeze in a 45 minute workout at the end of my day (body). I plan to dedicate some time over the weekend to my first mind goal- passing my LEED GA exam.

Today was also the first day of RED Starbuck cups. Now if this doesn't excite you I'm not sure what would! I went out of my way to grab a drink before a small group tonight and it brought just as much joy as I remembered! While sipping on my Vanilla Steamer I realized that the happiness I was experiencing should not be limited to a sales gimmick at a coffee shop. I have decided to have a mini-challenge within the greater AIM Challenge.

For the next 30 days I will refuse to be unhappy. I know what you're thinking, sure I'll be happy until the first early morning arrives or snide comment gets thrown my way. Nope not this girl! For the next 30 days I will live in the joy that we are given everyday by being alive. I am not saying my life is going to be filled with bliss over the next 30 days but I will refuse to get down. I will however keep a list of everything that would normal alter my mood. At the end of 30 days I will reflect over my list and if I feel I still need to get upset over the item then I will deal with it then. My guess is by the end of 30 days I won't remember the items from the first 15 days and the last 15 days won't matter. I believe being happy is a choice we all can make. Who wouldn't want to be happy?


1 comment:

  1. Yay red holiday cups!! Can't wait to see you soon!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete